Sleeping with your phone? Hazardous to your health.

At least some of us have done it – we’ve fallen asleep with our phone in bed. Most likely, it’s dead in the morning, but that’s about where the drama ends. We don’t expect it to erupt in smoke!

Apparently a 13-year-old Texan didn’t get off quite so easily – she fell asleep with her phone and placed it under her pillow. Except she awoke to the smell of things gone very, very wrong.

According to UPI:

The 13-year-old’s “high-tech” phone caught fire and it was burnt to the point where it is barely recognizable.

“The whole phone melted,” said Tolfree’s dad. “The plastic, the glass. You can’t even really tell that it was a phone.” He thinks the Galaxy S4 should come with a “big warning on it, like a cigarette label.”

The upside? Samsung is replacing the phone – and everything else that was destroyed. As far as a warning label? Maybe just some common sense will do the trick.